Thursday 9 June 2022

The Art of Screen Printing

Packed up some of my favourite inks, squeegees, screens and even a bucket to take to Hall Green for a two hour demonstration! The theme of the demonstration was 'The art of Screen Printing' and it was for Hall Green Art Society, a group of local artists. I prepared two different techniques of screen printing to do during the evening but wasn't sure I would be able to get everything done! Luckily what I had planned actually filled the two hours perfectly. I started by screen printing this sunset using hand cut stencils and three overlapping layers of bright coloured ink. Then I also printed this flower design using photo stencils and three different colours. I just managed to print the final colour on a couple of flowers and that left ten minutes for the prints to dry!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment