Monday 4 April 2022

Rainbow Coloured Flowers

Here's a pretty pastel coloured flower screen print I've been working on using just three colours and some basic hand cut stencils. Originally I created the design as an example for workshops but it was so popular I decided to screen print a finished edition! There were meant to be twenty five prints in the edition but my squeegee bade fell out and ruined one. Then I dropped the metal handle and it ripped my screen, what a disaster! It's a shame because almost all the other prints were perfect and I ended up with an edition of twenty two plus a couple of extras. I always try and have some spare prints just incase any in the edition get damaged... which they usually do!

A few of these rainbow coloured flowers have already sold, others have gone to shops and galleries and a few will be coming with me to events in Spring and Summer. My first real world event of 2022 is the Blue Magpie Craft Fair on Saturday the 30th of April. It's a lovely event organised by Anna Taylor who makes the most amazing food including lots of delicious cakes. The fair actually takes place in Anna's home Elmslie House in Malvern. More information can be found on the Blue Magpie website https://www.bluemagpie.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment