Thursday 30 May 2019

New Dove Screen Print

I've spent the last couple of days working on a new four colour screen print. The design has been on my screens for almost a year. I set my heart on having a dark background which was difficult to print and I also couldn't decide on the colours so it got left and forgotten about. But now I need some new work so this week I rethought the colours and made another attempt! I printed some proofs first but there was too much yellow so I decided to try some pale blue.
I did a little test print to check what the mustard yellow on top of pale blue would look like. It worked OK so I screen printed the pale blue and then added the yellow details.
Screen printing a navy blue gradient for the background was hard work and very messy, I won't be doing that again anytime soon! Finishing the print with gold leaves was easy by comparison and I now have a small edition of 20 prints on 285gsm ivory Fabriano Rosaspina printmaking paper. They'll be available at my next few events in Birmingham.

No comments:

Post a Comment