Friday 8 June 2018

Made by Hand Cheltenham 2018

In March I exhibited at Made by Hand England in Cheltenham www.madebyhandengland.org.uk. The organisers also run The Contemporary Craft Festival in Bovey Tracey and Made by Hand in Cardiff. This was their first time in Cheltenham and it was also my first time taking part in such a large high profile event. I wasn't sure what to expect and  I didn't have much time to prepare but I did my best to make new work as well as take part in the social media campaign in the run up to the event.
My stand was only a small one but it was still much more expensive than the events I had previously participated in. Added to this was the cost of getting prints framed, travel, accommodation and food. It was alot of work to get ready for such a large event and also took quite a few hours to install everything on the day.
It was a great opportunity to exhibit my collection of limited edition screen prints at a high quality event alongside many well know established designer makers. I am glad I was able to take part though I am still not sure it was right for my work. With hindsight there were things I could have done to display my work better and make more of the experience. Perhaps one day I will try again!

No comments:

Post a Comment