Thursday 25 October 2012

More Folk Trees

I'm still drawing Folk Trees which is worrying as it's been well over a year since I started and there are no signs of this obsession ending anytime soon. I've also noticed a few flowers creeping into my work and I think there may be more to come, I guess it was only a matter of time. These are two new designs from summer, Folk Tree and Flowers and Flower Tree.


Occasionally I get asked how I create my designs as they are quite neat, sometimes people think they are done digitally which seems strange because to me they are always a bit wonky. The originals tend to look like these two, A4 black and white artwork drawn on bristol board with 0.2 or 0.3 fine line pens. It's very time consuming, slightly obsessive and probably a bit old fashioned for most. If I'm lucky the originals won't need too much work and with a bit of nip and tuck from photoshop they are soon ready to screen print. I'm getting quite adept at drawing everything for a two colour design all on one sheet of paper and by making sure different parts don't touch it's alot easier to separate the artwork for each colour using photoshop.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! You're too quick for me, I'm still checking my spelling.

      Delete