Thursday 1 August 2019

Leamington Art in the Park Festival 2019

This weekend I'm taking part in Royal Leamington Spa's Art in the Park Festival. It's my first time exhibiting my screen prints at Art in the Park and also my first time exhibiting my work in Leamington. I've never been to the festival before so I've no idea what to expect... it's exciting and a little bit scary too! Luckily I've had a couple of quiet weeks to prepare and so I've been working on some new designs including this Green Man. I wanted to do something a little bit different and also challenge myself so it's been alot of hard work. Just creating the design took a while and once the artwork was finished I had to scan it and create the separate layers of colour. I spent a morning coating screens and exposing transparencies for each layer onto them followed by an afternoon screen printing bright coloured proofs. Then I spent a day screen printing a small edition of A3 four colour prints. There were supposed to be more but I'm out of practice at screen printing A3 so made some silly mistakes... like not clamping the screen in properly! At least the gradient turned out really well.
Art in the Park Festival takes place on the 3rd and 4th of August in the in the beautiful surroundings of Jephson Gardens in Leamington. There's lots more information including a brochure on the website https://www.artinpark.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment