Thursday 2 August 2018

Dippy The Dinosaur on Tour

To celebrate Dippy the Dinosaur coming to Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery I've created a dinosaur themed workshop to deliver during the school holidays. I drew four new black & white designs; a stegosaurus, diplodocus, tyrannosaurus & triceratops. I then printed each one out onto transparent film & exposed all four designs onto silk screens.  
Next I screen printed almost two hundred dinosaurs onto fabric using bright coloured textile inks including fluorescent colours. It was hard work especially as all the dinosaurs also had to be ironed to fix the inks! They are now ready to be decorated by children in workshops at Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery. I'll be there on Friday the 3rd & Friday the 10th of August. More details about Dippy on Tour & activities at BM&AG are on their website.   

No comments:

Post a Comment