Thursday 8 August 2019

Summer Screen Printing Workshops

I have a few screen printing workshops coming up so at the moment I'm preparing some new examples to help explain the technique. Today I decided to go back to basics and create a very simple design inspired by George Braque's 'Birds in Flight'. First I hand cut paper stencils of my design and then I used one stencil to screen print a blue background. While that was drying I washed my screen and set up to print my next layer of colour. I used my second stencil to add some pale blue birds on top of the blue background. I did this all in just a morning and that is the great thing about screen printing with paper stencils... it's so quick and accessible! It doesn't require any nasty chemicals and all the materials and equipment are affordable as well as readily available. I'll be teaching this technique on Saturday the 10th of August at the RBSA Gallery. I also have another workshop there on Wednesday the 23rd of October. More details about these and lots of other workshops can be found on the gallery's website http://www.rbsa.org.uk/


No comments:

Post a Comment