Sunday 30 April 2023

Rainbows for Cambridge Contemporary Crafts

 

Earlier this year I was invited to take part in the Pride celebrations at Cambridge Contemporary Crafts. It's a great opportunity to have some of my rainbow coloured screen prints on display so this month I've been working on new prints especially for the gallery. The first of these is some rainbow coloured hearts which have taken me a while to perfect. It usually takes me several attempts to work out the design and colours of prints made using hand cut stencils. But I don't mind because the printing process is so much fun and so are the results! 

First I drew the design, then hand cut the stencils for each of the three different layers and lastly I screen printed the overlapping layers of colour to create the prints. After trying darker, then lighter shades of colour I also tried printing the three different layers of colour in different orders. After a lot of deliberation I decided on lighter shades and yellow for the background. I finished an edition of twenty Rainbow Hearts on A4 white Fabriano Unica paper. Hopefully these will be on display at Cambridge Contemporary Crafts during June. https://www.cambridgecrafts.co.uk/



No comments:

Post a Comment