Thursday 29 July 2021

Summer Screen Printing Workshops

Snip, snip, snip and rip, rip, rip! To celebrate a summer of screen printing workshops I created this bright coloured sunshine print using simple stencils made from cut and torn pieces of paper. It was screen printed with just three colours; fluorescent pink, process yellow and ultramarine blue. But the overlapping layers also created purple, orange and green. I love the combination of bright contrasting colours and also the effect of torn paper edges. Lately I've been working on lots of new examples for workshops... hoping to inspire people and show what can be done with hand cut stencils.

Yesterday was my first screen print workshop at the RBSA Gallery since February 2020... just before lockdown! The workshop was sold out but will be repeated on the 18th of August so there's another chance to learn how to screen print using hand cut stencils if you are local to Birmingham. A few days later I'll be heading to Leicester Print Workshop where I'll be teaching for the first time, eek! The workshop has been rescheduled several times due to various lockdowns so I can't quite believe it's finally happening! 

More details about my workshop on the 18th of August can be found on the RBSA Gallery website https://www.rbsa.org.uk/workshops

No comments:

Post a Comment