Tuesday 16 June 2020

Colourful Rainbow Screenprints

During lock down I've not had access to a print studio and facilities to make the photo stencils I usually work with. So instead I've been hand cutting paper stencils and using them to screen print with at home. I wanted to see if I could use the stencils to quickly print rainbows with just three colours instead of six. They didn't look much like rainbows until I added the yellow and then suddenly they did! After making some test prints I tried printing more rainbows in the CMYK colours of cyan, magenta and yellow. They worked well and I finished a small edition of 20 'Smiley Rainbows' on A4 size heavy 300gsm Snowdon cartridge paper. I sold most of the edition and donated £10 from each sale to Bristol Children's Hospital. It has helped to do something positive in these difficult times.
Because the edition of bright coloured rainbows were so popular I decided to screen print a new edition of paler coloured rainbows. I mixed up some pastel coloured inks and did some test prints first to check the overlapping colours worked. They did so I screen printed an edition of 25 pastel coloured 'Smiley Rainbow' screen prints on A4 sized 250gsm Fabriano paper. Most of them have now sold but I still have a few left which are £20 plus postage and packaging. If you would like to buy one please send an email addressed to Karoline at karolinemadethis@gmail.com or get in touch via my Facebook page. £10 from every sale will be donated to Sheffield Children's Hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment